CACHE Level 2 Award in Child Development and Care
What does the qualification cover?
This qualification provides the opportunity to gain a vocational qualification that gives a basic introduction to the sector. It includes the knowledge and understanding of child development and well-being necessary for working with children in a variety of settings. It is aimed at a range of learners who wish to be introduced to childcare and development for children aged 0-5 years. It also gives learners an insight into their preferred learning styles and assists in developing their ability to study.
This qualification consists of 3 units: two graded A*- D assessed by a graded Assessment Task; and a Synoptic Assessment unit which is assessed via a Multiple Choice Paper.
How long does it take to complete?
This qualification can usually be completed in two years; in years 10 and 11.
What related qualifications can you progress to?
Learners can progress to the following qualifications:
• Level 2 Certificate and Diploma in Child Care and Education
• Level 2 Certificate Introducing Caring for Children and Young People
• Level 2 Award in Babysitting
• Level 2 Award in Preparation for the Responsibilities of Parenting
• Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce
• Level 3 Award, Certificate and Diploma in Child Care and Education
• Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce
• Many other qualifications in the Care Sector at Level 2 and Level 3
Website to find out more information